The Congregation of Our Lady of Charity of the Good Shepherd was started in Angers, France in January 1835. At the invitation of the Bishop of Bangalore Msgr. Charbonneau our Mother Foundress St. Mary Euphrasia send 5 Sisters to begin work for the abandoned, exploited, abused and marginalised women and children. They arrived in Bangalore on 15th August, 1854. From thence we have branched out into 9 States of India and Nepal too. In 1967 the Sisters came to Mumbai to carry out the same mission here in Andheri. Read more....
We help these girls and women who are beaten, abused physically, mentally and sexually and denied of their basic rights.
International Women's Day was celebrated on 8th March 2017
The meeting was held in Good Shepherd Provincialate, Nagpur on 11th & 12th March 2017.
During the year there were 120 children from 1st to 10th Std
This year we had organized the summer camp for the Anandini
We are in contact with almost 200 domestic workers boys and girls
In the month of November we had our children's day celebration.
In the beginning of the year we had 46 children in the chalice programme.